Answers to get you "over the fence" and signed up for Micharity
Get to know us and our services a little better.
1. What is Micharity?
Micharity is an all-in-one fundraising platform built for nonprofits of all shapes and sizes. Our tools help charities and non-profits run faster, raise more, and intelligently chart their path at previously unimaginable pricing. Our approach is to streamline every stage of the fundraising cycle in one platform from start to finish. We're here to help you raise more, execute, measure and scale your fundraising activities.
2. Is the service restricted to charities and nonprofits?
No. We welcome all fundraising activities from a variety groups, causes, and many non-charitable status organizations.
3. Where are Micharity services available?
At this time, our services are available to entities in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
4. Can I keep my existing bank account?
Yes. Micharity’s Payment Services deposit funds into your bank (or banks) of choice.
5. Can Micharity work with my existing gateway or merchant services?
Micharity’s Payment Service is currently able to integrate with the following gateways/merchant services:
- TD Bank Canada Merchant Services
- First Data
- Bambora, formerly Beamstream
6. When will I receive my funds from Micharity?
Micharity disburses funds directly into your organization's designated bank account. We combine daily payments/gifts from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and Maestro (where accepted) into one or multiple deposits. Transaction fees are subtracted, and net funds are deposited into your organization's bank account. Inside the Micharity solution, the dashboard will display the full amount of the donations or payments.
You can choose a deposit schedule from the below options:
- Daily deposit with three-day settlement lag
- Weekly deposit with three-day settlement lag
- Monthly deposit three-day settlement lag
7. Can I set up multiple locations?
Yes. Many of our existing clients have multiple locations in different cities, states, or provinces, and with different bank accounts to go with each location. You may set up as many location accounts as you need.
8. Which currencies does Micharity support?
Donations can be made from a list of over 135+ countries and currencies. With Micharity Payment Services, you can accept online payments from anywhere around the world when your supporters use Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club International®, or Maestro; they will see the charge in their local currency.